This postcard from 1904 shows children paddling in the shallows of the Yarra River. The Banksia Street bridge in the background was constructed in 1863, replacing Levine’s Punt which had linked the Heidelberg and Templestowe sides of the river since 1842. A pipe bridge was built beside it in 1930. In 1960 one part of a new bridge was constructed as a three-span continuous steel and reinforced concrete bridge and a duplicate bridge was added in 1974-5. It’s worth stopping off to have a look at the bridge more closely.